Saturday, July 28, 2012

Cleaning Out My Pocket

Yeah, I know. Like my father, I'm apt to squirrel things away. Two of my favorite caches: pens (crystal bics especially) and things to read. Pocket (the google app) is a dangerous thing. I can just store-it-for-later. It's time to clean. Here's some of the 23 pages of lint:

Women, buried with high honor, in Greece (!), on Mount Ida (the birthplace of Zeus). Apparently there's something about the ancient Greeks that we need to learn.

A complaint against our middle brow, bourgeois, lack of artistic adventure.

The fabulous, but largely ignored, intercultural work of one of my besties, Alison Scott-Baumann.

A feminist dust-up, with smartness.

Aggressively queer blogging.

The Philosophers Magazine, often interesting, and not ridden with academese.

Michael Ondaatje's homepage. ???

Elizabeth Hatmaker's book of poems. (A schoolmate and poetic genius).

The Dalai Lama's webcast page .

A book review of some conceptual poetry that I once enjoyed.

Military contractors, problematic.

The Facebook page of a band I should remember to catch.

A great photograph from NASA.

That should do ya for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment